POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray Includes - Licensing : Re: POV-Ray Includes - Licensing Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:23:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray Includes - Licensing
From: Chris B
Date: 30 Nov 2006 12:52:17
Message: <456f1a51$1@news.povray.org>
"Bruno Cabasson" <bru### [at] alcatelaleniaspacefr> wrote in message
> Among the people here who able to contribute and/or manage such a project,
> are there some of them who are acustomed with collaborative development on
> the Net?
>
> In any case, apart from the licensing issue discussed here, collaboration
> means rules, standards, defined process & organisation, and some reliable
> 'leaders'. How many of us/you/them are likely to be a POV artist/guru AND
> software developper? Coding scenes like we see most often here (and there)
> in SDL is not developing (=requirements, specifying, documenting, coding,
> testing, delivering, maintaining ...).

Yes indeed and we have other threads in this very newsgroup addressing those
exact issues. One for organisation/process and the other for
standards/rules.

> What I am sure of, is that POV is quite mature and there is lots of
> POV-related stuff available that deserve special attention and that could
> be made public in the community (after re-shaping and re-packaging). And I
> guess we can find the 'resources' to achieve this.
>
>   Regards.

I'm sure we can do this too. I think a lot of people will be keen to donate
stuff as a small way of saying thanks to the POV-Team for the great work
they do.
I think this licensing discussion is key to making sure the community can
re-shape and re-package contributions so that this resource can evolve into
something more comprehensive in the future.

Regards,
Chris B.